Blog Background

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Autumn Lamp

Good morning bloggers:

First off friends, thanks so much to all of you who were so sympathetic to my plight this past weeks regarding my broken glasses. Guess what??? I got NEW ones!! My prescription had to be changed too so having them break was rather a good thing I guess. Turns out it had been 3 years since my last exam and I really was going a wee bit blind. No excuses there now. The best part?? I no longer have to ask complete strangers what time my watch says anymore, lol. Why didn't I simply ask them what time it was you wonder?? I intentionally set my watch and clocks ahead about 10 minutes so that I'm not late for physical therapy appointments, chiropractor, etc. I have 3 appointments for these each week and have to take city bus to get there. That's why it was always strangers who had to read my watch. This way, I was being told the time I NEEDED to hear in order to make sure I was on time. Until 2 years ago, I was habitually late for everything! With my watch set 10 minutes fast, guess who isn't late anymore??

This week, at One Stitch At A Time, we have a challenge that fits in with the current time of year. It is #187 - Boo! (Autumn colours if you don't do Halloween). The sponsor of our main prize for this week is Creative Craftworld. They are generously giving 3 Promarkers to one winner who has used an image from the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet Store. One entrant using a non-Stitchy Bear image will win a Gift Certificate for $3.00 to the Stitchy Bear Outlet Store. Please remember that if you are not using images from the Stitchy Bear Store, you can only enter the challenge a maximum of 3 times. When you do use our images, you can enter as many times as you want.

It was nice that we were given that option by Choccy, as I don't do Halloween cards at all. I have never gotten a Halloween card nor have I ever given one out. The dressing up in costumes and going trick-or-treating was always enough.
Autumn colours are so beautiful and the season is so short that I take advantage of every chance to work with them. This time, I have an autumn themed birthday card to share with you all.

Front
Do you see all the distressing on the edges?
 
 
 

Flowers with orange rhinestone centers. There is my bow too.
 
 
 

Here is the sentiment tag I made.
 
 
 
Here is a close-up of the digital image I used. You can see the orange rhinestones I embellished my image with.
 
 
Card Recipe
Image: Floppy Latte Designs "Fall Lamp Post"
Medium: CTMH - Watercolour Pencils
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper: CTMH
Rhinestones: Dollarama
Ink: CTMH "Black" & "Sunset"
Ribbon: 3 Girl Jam
Sentiment: CTMH "Perfect Fit - Halloween"
Special Tools: Creative Memories Custom Cutting System Ovals and 1-1/4" & 1-1/2" circle punches
 
I want to tank you so much for popping by to visit me and my card today. Be sure to drop by my teamies blogs too; I'm sure you will have a "spook-tacular" time there!
 
Hugs & Boos, xo
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Great card Tracey, love the addition of the yellow flowers to balance the yellow of the light - so effective :) Hugs Jane your OSAAT DT sister xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rich Autumnal colours of this very warm birthday card Tracey. There is such a peaceful and very smart feel to it. Love Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Tracey! Love those big flowers!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually give any Halloween cards I make to friends for their grandchildren. I've made two this year so it works perfectly. lol Your Autumnal card is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey, this is a lovely Fall/Autumn card - love the extra sparkle from the rhinestones!

    Victoria (OSAAT teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bling on the lamp! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so lovely. The image is just perfect and I love the design.

    Maggie - OSAAT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.