Blog Background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Winterville

Good Evening everyone:
I really have to apologize..... this cold is just kicking the stuffing out of me. One day I feel a little better so I run around trying to get caught up, then the next day I feel horrible again. The sinus problems seem to be easing up but I'm just so sluggish feeling. Ugh, when will this end?!?
I have basically done no commenting and totally forgot today was new challenge day at One Stitch at a Time,. Yikes Choccy and teamies, I am so sorry!!! Challenge #138 is everybody's favourite challenge; ANYTHING GOES. It won't last for longer than 6 days folks so get those cards linked up fast, lol.
Anyway, I am going to share my card with you that I made for this week's challenge and I just have to say that I LOVE this image that Nataliya and I got to play with this week. It was my turn to choose one and I am on a Christmas card kick again; sorry Nataliya.

I decided to make another easel card this week:
Full View


Close-up of handmade stick pins & deckle edge
 
 
Close-up of all the flowers
 




 

Tried to photograph the glitter but it didn't turn out too well :(
I used my Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to outline all the snow on the church, houses, snowman, shrubs and the trees.
 
 
 
Close-up of these super sparkley white poinsettias and you can just see the glitter around the snowman.
 
 
 
Close-up of the top half of the card.



 
Close-up of the bottom half, sentiment and those gorgeous flowers. I added gems to the centers of the hydrangea blooms.
 
 
 
 The sponsor for this fun challenge is
With a selection of their gorgeous die cuts.... To win this you must use a SBDS product. Dont forget to put a # after your name if you use one of our products in your entry.Just so that Choccy doesn't miss you.
 
If you want to enter using a none Stitchy Bear Digital Store product/ image then thats fine... But you will be placed into a separate draw and that winner will receive a $3 gift voucher to spend at our store.

Card Recipe:
Image - Lil Diva Stamps 'Winterville'
Medium - CTMH Watercolour Pencils & Sakura Gelly Roll pen Clear Star
Ink - CTMH Moonstruck
Flowers - Prima, Dollaram & Michael's
Stick Pins - Handmade by me using Maya Road pins & asst beads
Ribbon - Dashes, Dots & Checks
Gems - Imaginisce
Sentiment - CTMH Card Chatter Christmas
Cardstock - Recollections & Co'ordinations
Patterned Paper - HOTP
All papers were cut with Creative Memories Rotary Blade - Deckle Edge

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - #35 Anything Goes
Pile It On - #45 Make it Sparkle
Forever Friends Monthly - Anything Goes
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - Shaped or Fancy Folds
365 Cards - Day 246 Say it With Flair ( I think my glittery flowers show my flair)

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to visit my DT sisters and leave them some love too. Stay safe!

Hugs xo

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Tracey, your sparkly embellishments are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. so much details to look at! Just too pretty!
    THanks for sharing at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. A FABulous Christmas scene. I LOve the colours of your easel card. Such GORgeous embellishments too.
    Thank you sooo much for joining us this week at CSAYL.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week, your card is gorgeous and so cute, hope to see you next week, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous, stunning, thanks for joining us at Forever Friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfull card! I really whish we will have this much snow at Christmas this year. It´s so romantic :o) xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bianca above stole what I was going to say. I completely agree that it's a very romantic card. I adore all the little extras and am lusting after those gorgeous blue flowers, so where did they come from?

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin; if you mean the flowers with the gems in the centers, they are actually from a stem of silk flowers I bought at Michaels a year ago. If I see a stem of silk flowers that I would like to use for cards, I buy it then pull it apart. I have a lot of flowers that have come from the artificial flower departmrnt in stores.
      Hugs xo

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On “Make it Sparkle Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful scene, Tracey! LOVE your pins, too! :) Fabulous holiday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image too and all the extra special details you've put into this card makes it SpeCTaCUlaR! Hope you're feeling better soon :) Thank you for playing with us at CCAYR this month. ♥ Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I read each and every one of them.